Targeted Marketing: Why it’s Important for Your Business to Consider Implementing
More and more businesses are using targeted marketing to reach new customers and engage more effectively with their long-term clients. If you’ve reached a plateau with your current marketing strategies, targeted marketing could be the jolt your business needs to start growing again.
What is Targeted Marketing?
Targeted marketing uses artificial intelligence to predict what audience will be most likely to engage with your business, allowing you to focus your content on those demographics. It uses a wide variety of data to do this, including (but not limited to) things like location, age, type of device used, and what companies or products the consumer has engaged with online in the past. It’s a way to streamline your marketing, making it much more effective (and therefore saving you money!).
You may have noticed that as you browse the internet, the ads you see reflect websites you have visited, products you have searched for, and websites and products that are similar. This is a prime example of targeted marketing. Another example would be when you log into a site you have ordered items from before and the site not only offers you the option to re-order those products with the click of a button, but also suggests similar items to buy. The website has kept track of what you ordered in the past and used that data to personalize the content you see. If you have experienced this before, you know how effective this type of marketing can be.
Targeted marketing can be used with your CRM as well, allowing you to create relevant content like blog posts, emails and newsletters for your clients based on the information you have stored about them and how they have interacted with you in the past. This type of personalized interaction shows your clients that they, the individual, are important to you – they’re not just another consumer. In the digital world we live in, offering personalized content like this can be crucial to both increasing your customer base and retaining current clients.
How Can Targeted Marketing Positively Affect Your Business?
Every piece of content you put out there is an opportunity to create a positive impression in the minds of your readers. Content that is thoughtful and informative makes readers want to engage with you and know more about what your brand offers. It turns prospects into customers, and one-time customers into long-term clients. Which is exactly what we’re all looking for, right?
You may be thinking, “Sure, that sounds great, but does it really work?” Let’s take a look at some numbers.
- More than 80% of consumers have purchased a product or service as a result of interacting with a company’s online content marketing, according to a 2018 Clutch survey.
- The same survey noted that 53% of consumers are more likely to become repeat visitors to a company’s website after engaging with their online content. In other words, targeted marketing can significantly increase repeat traffic to your website (and boost your SEO ratings as well).
- A ContentWriters study in 2019 showed that 61% of business marketers surveyed were publishing content several times per week, and 89% of those marketers reported getting higher quality leads from that content marketing vs other types of marketing.
- 71% of consumers are willing to spend more to support companies they trust, and 82% say trust is the tiebreaker when deciding between similar products or services. (Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brand Survey 2018). Targeted marketing is an opportunity to give consumers quality, relevant content every time they interact with you. This consistency builds trust, and establishing trust is a crucial first step to gaining repeat customers.
- In fact, 96% of the most successful business-to-business content marketers say their targeted audience views them as a trusted and reliable source of information (B2B Content Marketing 2019 by Content Marketing Institute).
Targeted Marketing Is The Key To Your Success
You can see why in 2019, 82% of CMOs were planning to increase their digital content budgets by 50% (Nielsen 2018 CMO Report)! Companies are finding that targeted content marketing, including blogs, social media, video, and SEO, are indispensable to the success of their business.
If you’ve been on the fence about adding targeted content to your marketing strategy, now is the time to take the leap. Contact us to get started with targeted marketing today. Your business will reap the benefits of personalized content for years to come.