In honor of back 2 school quickly approaching, I thought we’d go back 2 the basics and focus on the ABC’s (and the DEFG’s) of effective email marketing!
- Audience: Know your audience and tailor your message to speak specifically to them!
- Be Yourself: Incorporating your personality and a personalized message will help you build rapport and strengthen your relationships with your contacts.
- Content: Provide interesting and relevant content that your IDEAL client wants and they will continue to open your emails, month after month.
- Deliverability: Typically Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days of the week to send e-newsletters. However, it’s always a good idea to test different times and different days to see which one gets the best results. Marketing to CEO’s? Sundays between 3-7 PM tends to be the best time to send emails to CEO’s.
- Evaluate: Don’t just send your emails and assume they are effective. Evaluate your open and click through rates to see who’s reading it and what they are clicking on!
- Frequency: Determining your frequency is important. Typically sending one e-newsletter per month is an acceptable frequency for most businesses. However, you can also refer to your buying cycle. For example, if you own a restaurant you could easily send one email per week to your customers. Whereas, if you own a mortgage company, where the buying cycle is on average 7 years, one email per month or quarter would be more fitting.
- Goal: Make sure that you’ve identified a goal or purpose for your email. Don’t just create and send a newsletter because it’s September and time for your next newsletter. Identify a goal for the newsletter and incorporate a call to action (to accomplish that goal) in your email.
Ever wonder what kind of grade your online marketing would receive? Well, now you can with our Content Marketing Analysis Tool. With this tool, a member of our team personally goes through your website, blog and newsletter content to find out if your online presence is attracting or repelling your IDEAL clients! Want to learn more? Click HERE!
Want to receive more great marketing tips and strategies? Join our community of business owners and marketers and sign up for our blog. You’ll receive great marketing and entrepreneur-driven content delivered right to your inbox!